BOM ETL Tool – SOLIDWORKS PDM Plug-In
Extract > Transform > Load your BOM from PDM into an SQL database using a PDM Task add-in during state changes.
- PDM Task Add-in that supports execution during state changes
- Supports multiple configurations for different BOM export types
- Uses the built in BOM column sets in PDM
- Export BOM from the drawing sheet specified
- Upload all extracted data into an SQL Table
- Manually export BOMs if you don’t want to automate the BOM export process OR if you need to quickly update a BOM at 4:59pm!
- View the contents of the BOMs already in the SQL BOM Table
- Drag/drop a pre-formatted XML BOM into the grid to manually load a BOM into your SQL BOM Table
This is the puzzle piece PDM has needed for a long time and one of our customers’ most requested add-ins.
A Bill of Materials is a simple listing of the parts and quantities required for build. But different departments need to see representations of that BOM differently even though it is the same data. Here are some examples:
- Supply Chain buyers need a purchase BOM with only vendor part number, description, and quantity
- Production Planners need a BOM with only Part Number, routing, and parent assembly
- Manufacturing needs a BOM with only Part Number, Description, and Work Order
- Parts Warehouse needs a BOM with only SKU and quantity
Setup the BOM export using the built in PDM BOM Columns and sheet name, SQL Server to connect to, and Database Table to store the BOM.
By using the built in BOM column sets, we have combined out of the box functionality with some special ingredients to get just the perfect mix of flexibility for every customer’s specific BOM requirements.
Open the BOM in the Grid Matrix
This grid matrix view brings you two features that will assist you with your BOM export needs:
- Review the contents of the BOM before committing the BOM to the SQL Database
- Drag/Drop a pre-formatted XML BOM onto the grid for even more flexibility for uploading your BOM to the SQL Database.
NOTE: Schedule a FREE consultation with us to learn how we can help you connect this SQL BOM Table to your ERP System.
There are no reviews yet.